From the cure website (http://cure.org/knit) --
What to Knit:
· We’re looking for knit hats for children ranging from newborn to 12-years old ranging in size from 11-25 inches in circumference. Please indicate the size of the hat so that we can sort and distribute them properly.
· This isn't about quantity. Knit, Pray, Love is about you giving an authentic expression of yourself as a follower of Jesus Christ to a mom or child in a CURE hospital. So we ask that you provide a personal message with each hat you send.
· Crocheted items are less appropriate for the colder months, particularly in Afghanistan. If you aren't interested in knitting, please consider sending a personal message to a patient in a CURE hospital.
· Please don't buy hats. We’re looking for hand-knit items only (knitting looms are fine to use): garments that had your personal time, attention, and prayer. (hand-knit baby blankets will be accepted as well, but we prefer hats)
· If you haven’t ever knitted before and want to make this your first knitting project, check out these resources. Also, here are a few helpful patterns for a hats: a simple knit cap, and another simple baby hat.
· Depending on the volume of knit hats received, some items will go to children in other CURE hospitals around the world.
· If you want to offset the cost of shipping these items, send along a $5 check to CURE International.
· Please ship your knit items post-marked by February 15, 2012
· Knit, Pray, Love is not a year-round opportunity. The campaign ends in February, and we will be unable to accept items after the end of this month. However, we are considering making it an annual event.
· Don’t knit and still want to participate? Send a hand-written note or prayer.
Where to Send:
Send your knit items, along with a personal message or prayer you've written for our patients to the following address. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. Please sign up below to let us know you're participating.
CURE International attn: Knit, Pray, Love
PO Box 199 Lemoyne, PA 17043
How to Participate:
February 27-29, K-LOVE radio host Scott Smith will be in CURE's hospital in Kabul, Afghanistan, as a first-hand witness to the life-changing surgery of a child, and by registering, you’ll be a part of that journey before, during and after the surgery. Scott will also be hand-delivering a selection of the knit items on the trip.
Register your knit item on the cure website - http://cure.org/knit !!
We’re expecting thousands of knit items in the coming weeks, and we’re asking that you fill out the form on the cure website http://cure.org/knit to let them know that you're participating.
Remember the K-Love and Cure deadline is February 15th!
It isn’t too late to enter the contest mentioned in my “Hearts Aflutter & Don’t Knock It ‘Til You Try It” blog post! Comment on that blog by February 10th and you’ll be entered to win a free copy of one of my patterns.